- Aranui 3
The Aranui 3 is a mixed passenger/cargo ship that operates between Tahiti and the Marquesas Islands. Discover lush untouched islands, far away from the beaten track. This custom built freighter was specially designed to provide added space and comfort for those seeking a unique adventure in relative luxury. At the same time the ship retains a remarkably friendly atmosphere with an experienced and attentive crew. The Marquesas are half an hour ahead of Tahiti. This when it’s noon in Tahiti, it is 12:30pm in the Marquesas.
- Unforgettable Tahiti adventure
Join this unforgettable Tahiti adventure as the ship calls at far away and exotic islands and ports. This state of the art ship offers tasteful, spacious suites. On the sweeping decks, read, relax or take in the views of the pristine lagoons and soaring mountain peaks. Take a dip in the sparkling outdoor swimming pool or use the on-board facilities for fishing, swimming, snorkelling and scuba diving. In the expanded dining room, savour fine French and Polynesian cuisine with fellow adventurers from around the world. Lose calories in the gym or exercise your mind in the library. Socialise in the lounge or learn about the rich Marquesan culture and history from the onboard experts.
- Life on Board
On board, time passes quickly. There are two charming bars, two lounges and a full programme of activities. You’ll learn about Marquesan history, culture and art from the guest lecturers and the spirited crew will teach you to weave hats, wear the national dress, the pareo and dance the tamure.
In the library you can read how Herman Melville, Robert Louis Stevenson and Thor Heyerdahl described these alluring islands. Their words and the Gauguin prints on the walls will spring to life when you dock.
Meals are served in an informal, family-style setting in the dining facilities. Depending on the number of passengers booked per voyage, there may be two settings per meal scheduled. Special consideration for medically prescribed diets must be requested at the time of booking or not less than three weeks in advance of sailing date. Three meals per day are provided with a complimentary glass of wine for scheduled on board lunches and dinners.
Clothing which is informal, comfortable and easily washable is the most practical to pack for the ship. In addition to shorts, jeans and slacks, T-shirts and a bathing suit, a rain poncho or coat and warm sweat shirt or light sweater for chilly evenings are recommended. Comfortable shoes are essential for walking ashore over the coral reefs. Running/walking shoes or sandals are recommended. For women, the native “pareo” or sarong, made of colourful fabric which can be wrapped in a variety of styles, is a versatile choice.
Contact us for more information
2016 DEPARTURE DATES
- VOYAGE Nº06 DEPARTURE 25 APRIL SATURDAY ARRIVAL 08 MAY FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº07 DEPARTURE 16 MAY SATURDAY ARRIVAL 29 MAY FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº08 DEPARTURE 06 JUNE SATURDAY ARRIVAL 19 JUNE FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº09 DEPARTURE 27 JUNE SATURDAY ARRIVAL 10 JULY FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº10 DEPARTURE 18 JULY SATURDAY ARRIVAL 31 JULY FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº11 DEPARTURE 08 AUGUST SATURDAY ARRIVAL 21 AUGUST FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº12 DEPARTURE 29 AUGUST SATURDAY ARRIVAL 11 SEPTEMBER FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº13 DEPARTURE 19 SEPTEMBER SATURDAY ARRIVAL 02 OCTOBER FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº14 DEPARTURE 10 OCTOBER SATURDAY ARRIVAL 23 OCTOBER FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº15 DEPARTURE 31 OCTOBER SATURDAY ARRIVAL 13 NOVEMBER FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº16 DEPARTURE 21 NOVEMBER SATURDAY ARRIVAL 04 DECEMBER FRIDAY
- VOYAGE Nº17 DEPARTURE 12 DECEMBER SATURDAY Marquesan Art Festival
2015 ITINERARY* (14 days)
Embarkation Saturday morning: 7.00-9.00am
Schedule Departure Time: 10.00am
- DAY 01 SATURDAY – Departure from Tahiti (Port of Papeete) at 10.00am
- DAY 02 SUNDAY – “Takapoto atoll” (Fakatopatere ) – Tuamotu Archipelago
- DAY 03 MONDAY – At Sea crossing from: Tuamotu to Marquesas
- DAY 04 TUESDAY – “Nuku Hiva” (Taiohae /Hatihue/Taipivai ) – Marquesas Archipelago
- DAY 05 WEDNESDAY – “Ua Pou” (Hakahau /Hakahetau)
- DAY 06 THURSDAY – “Tahuata” (Vaitahu) & “Hiva Oa” (Atuona)
- DAY 07 FRIDAY – “Fatu Hiva” (Omoa /Hanavave)
- DAY 08 SATURDAY – “Hiva Oa” (Puamau / Hanaiapa)
- DAY 09 SUNDAY – “Ua Huka (Vaipaee /Hane /Hokatu)
- DAY 10 MONDAY – “Nuku Hiva” (Taiohae ) & “Ua Pou” (Hakahau )
- DAY 11 TUESDAY – At Sea crossing from: Marquesas to Tuamotu
- DAY 12 WEDNESDAY – “Rangiroa atoll” (Ohutu) – Tuamotu Archipelago
- DAY 13 THURSDAY – “Bora Bora” (Vaitape) – Leeward Group of the Society Islands
- DAY 14 FRIDAY – Arrival in Tahiti (Port of Papeete) at 09.00am
* This itinerary may be modified due to technical, meteorological reasons or freight constraints.