THE ISLAND OF BORA BORA
Bora Bora, known as the ‘Pearl of the Pacific’ is just a 50 minute flight from Tahiti. Here you will find undoubtedly the world’s most beautiful lagoon. Bora Bora is known as the Romance Island and home of the famous overwater bungalows.
Your first glimpses of the stunning colours of the Bora Bora lagoon are on arrival at the Motu Mute airport which is located on a motu, a small sandy island. The majority of hotels and resorts are built on motus in the lagoon surrounding the main island, with Mount Otenamu peak as its centrepiece.
The array of blue colours in the lagoon is mesmerising and the waters are warm and clear.
Bora Bora truly is a paradise!
OUR MUST DO’S IN BORA BORA
- Stay in an overwater bungalow and watch the fish life through the glass!
- Visit Matira Beach with its turquoise shallow waters and white sand
- Drop in for a drink at the famous, sandy-floored Bloody Mary’s Restaurant
- Have your breakfast delivered in a canoe to your overwater bungalow
- Take a snorkelling trip to the Coral Garden to witness an amazing abundance of fish
- Hire a bike in the main village of Vaitape and discover the roadside snack bars and trinket shops
- Take a jet-ski tour around the island – one of the best ways to see the blues of Bora Bora’s lagoon
- Enjoy a romantic beach dinner
- Take a 4WD tour of the main island and learn about Bora Bora’s WW2 history
- Snorkel or dive with the lemon sharks, outside of the Bora Bora reef
Want to Travel to the island of Bora Bora?
Check-out our range of packages in the BORA BORA PACKAGES or OVERWATER BUNGALOW section of our website!
Or speak to one of our Tahiti Travel Specialists on 1300 858 305